Thursday, August 22, 2013

Start at the Beginning or The Foundation.





August 1st 2013

While awaiting the arrival of my shed, I spent many a day marking up the brick patio (?) trying to decide on the best spot for the shed to rest (until I put it on a trailer). I lay the blocks and asphalt shingles, the 4 x 4 lumber, leveled and re-leveled, and waited for this day (looking at the picture, I realize, it doesn't look very level, take my word for it....it is).

The day after hauling all the lumber to the backyard I was able to finally begin building. Keep in mind, I've always wanted to build my own house, and I've never built a house before. The biggest thing I've ever attempted, thus far, had been a flight of stairs that led to an apartment above a garage. I feel very confident that I can build this house on wheels, however, I knew there would be a learning curve that could affect the soundness of my time-machine.....onward and upward I go!


Joist Hangers - I am building this so I can disassemble it when I put it on the trailer. So I'm using connectors where I can. Plus, joist hangers are a good idea, anyway.


If you follow the sun in the pictures, you can see how long it's taking me to get through each phase. Also, I have a tendency to stop and 'look' way too much.


There. I finished the floor, sub-floor....Miller-Time (actually, Michelob Ultra Lite time).

No comments:

Post a Comment