Thursday, August 22, 2013

A Brief History - The Actual vs. The Imagined

The actual design of the shed:


This is the shed I ordered from Costco online.

As I mentioned, I am constructing this with the intention of re-building it on a trailer, so I have to forgo the actual instructions that came with the shed and figure out how I need to build the panels so they can be disassembled and re-assembled, relatively easy.

I have also added a few design elements; windows and dormers. I have reconfigured the door; it will now be on the 12' side, rather than the 8' side. And of course, the interior will be a living/creating space, rather than storage.

I purchased 4 48" x 48" aluminum windows, for $100, on Craigslist. Having never installed, or framed a window, I believed this to be one of my greatest challenges, and greatest achievements. Thus far, it has.

I will be painting the studio a sand/light brown color with soft white trim, rather than the red.

So this is a picture of the actual, now on to my vision.....


No comments:

Post a Comment